Location: New Troy, MI
Reports To: New Troy, MI
- Runs CNC Mills and/or Lathes as outlined by the standard operating procedures.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing the manufacturing processes; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in cross-training initiatives.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 2-3 years of previous CNC Mill/Lathe experience preferred, but not required.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
- Responding to public address system announcements
- Walking and standing
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds or more
Environmental Job Requirements
- Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the shop, temporary cracks may appear in the floor, causing an uneven walking surface
- The shop environment can be dusty and noisy
- Doors are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes
- Floors around work area may become slippery during wet weather conditions, or liquids such as coolants and oils from the machinery
- May have to handle parts with sharp edges
- Passing forklifts emit gas fumes
- Tools, supplies, and related materials may contain hazardous materials
- May have to occasionally work outdoors where temperatures and climate can fluctuate
Personal Protection Equipment
- The wearing of Safety Glasses when working on the shop floor.
Management has the right to add or change these duties of the position at any time.