Location: New Troy, MI
Reports To: New Troy, MI
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 5+ years Human Resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment preferred
· PHR certification a plus
· Experience with Tru-pay payroll/HR management system preferred
· Strong Microsoft skills
· Develops and administers an overall human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel
· Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
· Implements and annually updates compensation program that includes understanding and supporting payroll; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
· Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
· Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
· Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
· Accountable for safety programs, which includes training and workers compensation and all reporting required
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.