Location: Vickers Engineering
Reports To: Vickers Engineering
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: President
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Schedule: Monday through Friday (8:00AM – 5:00PM); overtime as needed
Directs manufacturing operations for the Company. Must build and develop operations organization, processes and procedures to support strategic direction. Must establish operations initiatives for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
· Establishes operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
· Establishes manufacturing policies in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations and performance measures.
· Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization.
· Recommends and implements strategic changes in manufacturing and operations strategy worldwide.
· Builds, develops and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations.
· Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
· Provides leadership through a 6-12 month planning cycle.
· Oversees operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
· Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Manage direct employee’s schedules, vacation, etc…through the company’s time management system.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Manufacturing systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling.
- Employee training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
· Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
· Responding to public address system announcements
· Walking and standing
· Lifting twenty-five (25) pounds or more
Environmental Job Requirements:
· Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the shop, temporary cracks may appear in the floor, causing an uneven walking surface
· The shop environment can be dusty and noisy
· Door are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes
· Floors around work area may become slippery during wet weather conditions, or liquids such as coolants and oils from the machinery
· May have to handle parts with sharp edges
· Passing forklifts emit gas fumes
· Tools, supplies, and related materials may contain hazardous materials
· May have to occasionally work outdoors where temperatures and climate can fluctuate
Personal Protection Equipment:
· The wearing of Safety Glasses when working on the shop floor.