Phrases, themes, and thoughts that drive the Vickers team
- "We are a Service Company - not a Manufacturer". There are hundreds of companies that have the same equipment we use, what makes us better is how we service our customers.
- "Communicate!" The key to a successful project launch is recognizing what questions to ask, and asking them.
- "Bad News First". We believe working closely together in all facets of a project protects our customers best interest - and that includes communicating potential problems we may experience. Together, we have a greater chance in protecting our customer's best interest in a problematic situation, not on our own.
- "Diversity". We will stay disciplined to our model of maintaining a diversified customer base in the form of the industries we serve, and the type of work we perform. Our ability to weather any financial storm is a comfort to our customers.
- "Hire the best people available". A team attitude and intellect is the key, we can teach them the rest.
- "It's Cost, not just Price". Our ambition is to work with customers who understand cost is the key. Working together we can drive down our cost, which will lower price.
- "Remain coachable". Our customers typically have access to more 'best practice' ideas in the marketplace than we do. Why not learn from them?
- "Stay flexible, versatile and nimble". We need to react and change quickly to our customer demands. This will never change. Reacting quickly is part of our culture.
- "Do what you say you're going to do". We take our commitments to delivery and service personally. It's who we are.
- "The first time we make a decision on what's best for Vickers, as opposed to what's best for our customer, it's the beginning of the end...."